Monday, April 10, 2017

Planning Trip to Silver Springs, Florida

"Come on Ron - We have not been on a trip in all most a month - I want to go".


OK Tippy - but first I have lots of planning to do - even on a short trip.  Here you see my Google calendar for April - You can see that I have scheduled a rally in Silver Springs, Florida for April 11 through April 14th.  Then the next week we will takeoff for Hot Springs, Arkansas and Branson, Missouri.  This calendar keeps us from having scheduling conflicts.

Then, I have notes on my Google Keep - my main note-taking app.  You can see the Silver Springs note on the top row, third from left.  It shows the address (Treky's GPS must have this) and other important information.

Information such as: the campground phone number, our site number and the arrival and departure dates plus how we are to pay for the campground.

Next, we have a list of things that must be loaded into Treky.  This list is also on Google Keep our main note taking app.

We must plan our route - Here is another Google app - Google Maps.  If we take I-75, the trip will take 1 hour and 5 minutes to go 49.3 miles - If we take the back road (US 301), the trip will take 1 hour and 6 minutes to go 44.3 miles.  However, we must take into consideration those yellow dots on I-75 - Each dot represents a traffic incident - likely an accident that will slow traffic.  So we chose to take US 301.

See Treky parked there peacefully in site 58?  We are safely at Silver Springs.  All that planning paid off.

More about the rally.  Tomorrow is the first rally day.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment