Saturday, March 4, 2017

Trip to Arizona - Fort Stockton # 2

Fort Stockton, Texas has many varieties of cacti on display.

Welcome to Fort Stockton

Old downtown Fort Stockton

Fort Stockton got its name from the original U S Army post here named Fort Stockton.

A church near the original Fort Stockton - not related - I just thought that it made a nice picture.

The original Army drill field with commissary and officer's quarters in the background

Enlisted Men's barracks converted into a visitor's  center.

Now here is something we have never seen - At Walmart in Fort Stockton, there are no plastic bags - only paper bags and the paper bags are big.  Something we have never seen - Almost makes the trip worthwhile by itself- - - Ha ha.

Come on Ron and Treky, let's move on to another place - I'm tired of walking.  I'm so tired that I'm not interested in playing with my toys.

We're going to Fort Davis tomorrow.  It's about 90 miles from Fort Stockton.

Ron, Tippy and Treky


1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone!
    I hope you are having a wonderful trip, let us know that you are all OK!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete