Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Trip to Arizona - 1st Day in Texas

As we were leaving Mississippi, I noticed another thing that I like about Mississippi - They offer free and clean dump stations for RV's.  On to Texas:

This is the longest bridge in the US.  It is in Louisiana.  I think Treky measured it to be about 30 miles across.  Yep, those are rain clouds.  It rained on us all the way across Louisiana.

How are we doing on mileage so far?  17.0 miles per gallon.  Of course, we have been traveling on relatively flat interstate highways.  That helps.

We're in Texas - That's the lone star of Texas located at the west-bound welcome center on Interstate 10.

These are the flags that have flown over Texas.  I can identify four of the six.  The two on the right - I don't know.

Tonight we are at the Happy Days RV Park near Alley-Way, Texas - The closest town on the map is Columbus, Texas. That's I-10 in the background.  We didn't have to go far off the interstate to camp here.

See you all tomorrow,

Ron, Tippy and Treky


No comments:

Post a Comment