Saturday, January 28, 2017

Remembering Oshkosh Flyin # 1

Oshkosh Fly-In # 1

Experimental Aircraft Association's 2015 Oshkosh Adventure.  Ron, Tippy and Treky are there.

There are about 35 motor homes here in my "Fantasy RV Tours" group. Each afternoon about 6:00 pm, we gather for dinner.  Each person brings their own chair, drink and dinner ware.  Last night we had Shrimp Creole with rice and a salad - Delicious.

Each Fantasy RV Tour member is issued a card that is worn as identification and admission to some of the attractions.  This is my card.  It makes a pretty good souvenir in that it has the date on it.

  There are thousands of RV units here - tents, trailers and motor homes.  

Can you see Treky back there parked between those two giants?  Tippy insisted that we put Treky's windshield cover on to act as a blindfold so Treky couldn't see how small he is in comparison to his neighbors.

Not everyone is camping.  The shuttle bus driver said that they had issued more than 1000 motorcycle permits and this is just the first day.  A few of them are parked at the pedestrian gate.  Home security is everywhere.  If you have a bag when you go through the gate you have to present it for inspection and examination. I don't carry a bag.  If it won't fit in my pocket, I leave it back with Tippy and Treky.

Airplanes at last.  Not all airplanes have wheels.  This is a pontoon airplane designed to land and takeoff on water.  Some airplanes have skis designed to land and take off on snow and ice.  This airplane is being towed by a "Tug".

There are over 10,000 airplanes here at Oshkosh this year.  In case you think I made a mistake with my numbers I'll spell it out:  Ten Thousand Airplanes here at Oshkosh.

I may try to take a picture of each one but I definitely will not be able to identify most of them.

Lots of planes tomorrow,

Ron, Tippy and Treky


No comments:

Post a Comment