Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hurricane Matthew Damage Along I-95

Treky stopped at a Georgia rest area just off I-95.  He said that he's OK but perhaps Tippy might need to stop.  Treky is so considerate.

Tippy: "Considerate is nice but quit talking and open this door and let me out -- I gotta go."

Hurricane Matthew came through this rest area and uprooted this large pine tree.

In the same Georgia I-95 rest area, hurricane Matthew snapped off this pine tree and blew it down across a picnic table.  See that 18-wheeler truck on the left?  That's on I-95.  We are so happy that we were not on I-95 when the hurricane hit.  Treky's high profile would have made controlling him impossible.

We have arrived at Golden Isles RV Park near Brunswick, Georgia.  Treky is in site # 7.  We will be here two nights.  Golden Isles is a Passport America RV park.  Treky is a member of Passport America.  That membership entitles him to a 50% discount on campground fees at participating campgrounds.  So, we are camping here for two nights for $40.00 instead of $80.00. Treky watches his travel expenditures carefully.  This place has a restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. I like that.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment