Monday, November 14, 2016

The Battle of Kettle Creek

We decided to visit the site of the battle of Kettle Creek - A Revolutionary War battle.  Of course, we stopped by to say hello to Ronald McDonald on the way.

The battlefield is located near Washington, Georgia

Pretty quick, we got off the paved highway.

Kinda rough road but a pretty drive

After a few miles of dirt road, we came to the gates to the battlefield.

Plaque on the gate.  My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather was right there.  Maybe he stood there wondering about the future.  I certainly stood there in awe wondering about what drove him to get involved in this war.

It's a beautiful place - even has a picnic table.

Can you see the cemetery on the left and the obelisk straight ahead.

Tomorrow, I'll post more about the battle and my GGGG Grandfather and my GGGG Grandmother.

Ron, Tippy and Treky 

No comments:

Post a Comment