Saturday, November 26, 2016

Sunset Isle RV Park # 3

View of the bay from just behind Treky's site # 3.  Couldn't you just sit here looking all day?  I could.  Tippy: "Me too!".

This is not a sandy beach shore - mud and rocks mostly

And clam shells - There is a clam "factory" here.  Clams are shipped from here to restaurants all up the east coast of the United States.

Sunset Isle is a Good Sam RV park.  I belong to the Good Sam club.  I pay $25.00 per year membership fee and for that, I get three cents per gallon discount for gasoline at Flying J truck stops and I get a 10 per cent discount at qualifying RV parks.

This boat is used in the clam industry on Cedar Key, Florida.

This is the building where clams are processed.  The nets that you see on the left are used in harvesting the clams.

On the other hand, this is an air boat used for fishing and providing "thrill rides" for tourist.  At the rear is and engine and propeller.  Since there is no below-the-water-line motor or propeller, it can navigate easily in very shallow water.  It sounds like an airplane.  Tippy says, "Yeah, those fishermen start work early in the morning and wake me up.  I don't like them."

Big Palm tree.  Survived Hurricane Hermine just fine.  Man-made objects did not fare so well.

Tippy says, "I just love this place and looking out over the water.  Ron opens Treky's rear doors and installs the screen so that I can see out and the bugs can't get in.  Ron and I take our naps just like this.  Can you immgine napping with the cool breeze and the sound of water lapping at the shore?  Our life is so good."

Treky has a complicated electrical system - both AC and DC, 3000 watt inverter, etc. so Tippy has to inspect the electrical outlets about once a week.  That's my pillow she is standing on.  Bad Tippy!

Today, I have run on and on.  Treky says that I like to talk and write too much.  So, I'll stop for now and save some pictures for tomorrow.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy your story and pictures and can see that life is good. :-)
    Thanks for the info about Good Sam. We hope to be RVing in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete