Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Huntington Beach State Park, SC # 2

The Grand Strand is 50 miles of beautiful wide white-sand beach stretching from near the SC/NC border down to near Georgetown, SC.  During the season, there are millions of people on this beach.  But, look today, only Tippy and Ron's shadow are visible.

Tippy is examining some of the footprints that prove that lots of people have been here recently.

Tippy finds it hard to believe that Africa is on the other side of that water.  She is enjoying this visit to the beach.  She runs, plays, digs and
gets her little paws wet.  The last time we were at a beach was at the outer banks of North Carolina.  She was terrified then.  I don't know why the difference.

These dunes keep the beach from eroding.  We don't step on them.   Two weeks ago, Hurricane Matthew was here with 100+mph winds and high waves.   Although there was damage, these dunes did their job.  Thanks, Dunes.

I love these old oaks here at Huntington Beach State Park.  This is a popular campground with SC and NC folks.  I'm told that June, July and August 2017 is completely booked up with a long waiting list.

This is the causeway that connects the mainland with the park.  It gets scary when two big class A diesel motorhomes pass - it's narrow.

 When we are traveling, I stop at McDonald's and order an egg mcmuffin with a large coffee.  I share the egg mcmuffin with Tippy.  Today, however, since we are settled in for a few days, I ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel - Some of their locations have reserved parking for RV's and some encourage RV's to overnight park there.  I like their "Old Timer's breakfast - 2 eggs, bacon, grits, fried apples, more grits, biscuits and gravy. Oh yes coffee too. I did bring Tippy a little piece of bacon.  I ate such a big breakfast that I skipped lunch.

Last night was Halloween and some campers decorated their campsites.  Tippy does not like this sort of thing.  She barked and growled at this witch.  I love that baby girl Tippy.

Tomorrow, we are going to do whatever life brings us. And we intend to enjoy it.  Join us if you aren't busy.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment