Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Golden Isles Campground, Brunswick, GA

Golden Isles is a combination of over-night campers and permanent campers.  Some folks actually live in tents - They're doing the best they can and they're good people.  I've met many who are just a few steps from destitution.  They are good people who are proud and are working hard to move up financially.  I repeat they are good people and should not be judged by their social position.

The dining room at Golden Isles is kind of a "homey" place - pictures of customers on the walls, an American flag, old timey cabinets.  I think I like it.

I know for sure that I like their food.  Homemade, not instant grits, etc.

Going down US 1, I notice debris left over from the hurricane all along the road.  US 1 runs from the Florida Keys all the way to the Canadian border in Maine.

Now we are on a two-land highway.  See the debris.  The state has crews working to clean up the roadside.

Treky's campsite is # 616 here at Southern Palms RV Resort in Eustis, Florida.  This is the location of the Florida Good Sam Rally.

Welcome sign at the entrance. Good Sam Club is 50 years old this year.

Camping World has a number of RV's on display here at the rally.  This one is built on a Ford Transit Chassis.  Interesting  - Treky is built on a Chevrolet Express Van 3500 chassis.

This is a Leisure Van built by a Roadtrek competitor.  It's nice but it's too big for me and Tippy.  I don't think that we could get it in and out of many McDonald's.

Having fun,

Ron, Tippy and Treky


No comments:

Post a Comment