Thursday, October 20, 2016

Downtown Glen Rose, Texas #3

On my walk downtown, I encountered this memorial to a local man who was killed in the service of his country.  It appears to be in someone's front yard. Some communities are too sophisticated to allow this type of thing - Shame 

I also discovered a "History Park" commemorating some of the history of Glen Rose.

 The old school house - first through eleventh grade - all in two rooms - outhouses down in the woods

One of the oldest houses in the county - It was moved here.

Info about the oldest house - picture above.

I had lunch at the Green Pickle, a small but cozy restaurant near the town square.

I had crispy chicken salad, crispy fried mushrooms and sweet tea - Doesn't get any better than this.  Good life.

When I got back to the campground from my walk downtown, crowds were gathering for the evening musical entertainment.  Since it's outdoors, pets are permitted - Tippy and I both like that.

The entertainment was basically Bluegrass.  I prefer, country, western and gospel but it's free, outdoors and in perfect weather.  This was a perfect way to end the day.  Today was a gift and we enjoyed every minute.  We tried not to waste a minute of our gift.

Tomorrow, we will report on the Roadtrek rally here.  After all that is the reason we drove a thousand miles to get here - it's just that we enjoy this place so much, we wanted to share the town too.

Ron, Tippy and Treky




No comments:

Post a Comment