Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pigeon Forge, Tennessee

Yesterday, I identified these as ducks.  It was called to my attention that they are Canada Geese.  Out of the water, it's easier to see that they are Canada Geese.  Thanks for the correction.

The city of Pigeon Forge has set aside a large field and named it Patriot Park.  This liberty bell is part of the decoration.

Adjacent to Patriot Park is the "Trolley Terminal" where you change trolleys to go from one place to another.  Traffic in Pigeon Forge is bad so the trolley is the way to go.

As long as I have been going to Pigeon Forge, the Old Mill has been a fixture.

Because traffic is heavy, crosswalks are provided throughout this part of Pigeon Forge.

I decided to have lunch in the Pottery House Cafe & Grill.  Note the Halloween decorations.

I had an egg salad sandwich and a bowl of "loaded" potato soup.  The soup was loaded and was delicious.  All for $8.95 - An excellent price for a tourist town, I think.

Pottery House cafe flowers

Pottery House Cafe Halloween decorations

There are many shops in this immediate area.  Some reasonable prices - some not so reasonable.  The candy shop wanted $8.99 for three ounces of chocolate covered peanuts.  I shouldn't eat so much sugar anyway - It's not that I'm cheap.  I passed on the chocolate covered peanuts.  For that price, I could buy about 30 Snickers.  I don't need them either.  Hah.

Tomorrow, we show up at the Good Sam Rally in Sevierville, Tennessee - about three miles from here.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment