Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota

Theodore Roosevelt National Park is named for President Theodore Roosevelt who loved North Dakota.  It is located a long way from anything at all.

On the way to the national park, I saw this big rock and thought it was interesting and amusing.

Explanation

The visitor's center at each park is where I get my passport stamped proving that I was there.

Can you see Treky?  The mountain is one of many in this park.

One of the displays in the visitor's center is a
Snowy Owl.  I think I like a Snowy Owl.

And there is a carved statue of President Roosevelt on his horse.

And  a skeleton of a small dinosaur.

We still have many national parks to go but we are on our way to visiting all of them.

Ron, Tippy-Too and Treky




No comments:

Post a Comment