Saturday, June 4, 2016

Birthday and a Few Other Things

Two of my wonderful neighbors baked me a birthday cake.  I ate a slice and froze the rest to take on our trip.


And a birthday card.  I was born June 2nd, 1930.  
I read the following on Facebook and I try to apply it:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"


As you can see, Tippy-Too was in on the card.


Tippy-Too got a new toy for the trip.  She absolutely loves to play with her toys.


Our neighbors bought Tippy-Too some treats for the trip.


What's the use of having a camera if you forgot where you left it?  To eliminate this, I keep my three cameras, extra batteries and battery chargers stored in this container and when I am through using one, I always return it to this container.  When you live in a house as small as Treky, you must put stuff up when you are finished with it.  There is not room enough to leave stuff laying around.  Tippy-Too says that she is the exception.  She can lay around all she wants to.


In addition to his GPS, Treky uses this special Rand-McNally atlas to plan his routes.  This version is designed for RV's.  It's always a good idea to look at a map before you take off to get an idea of the route to take.  A GPS is not always 100% accurate.  On our trip to Niagara Falls last month, our GPS took us down a muddy dirt road (one lane in some places) for seven miles.


In addition to maps, this atlas shows the location of campgrounds, Walmarts (for free parking), Sam's Clubs and Cracker Barrels (also for free parking) as well as Flying J's.


Many RV'ers have business cards.  Mine are homemade.  I composed it using Microsoft Word 7 and printed them on cheap cover stock.  Not much to look at but they are readable.  And Treky likes having his picture on our cards.

Thanks for coming along with us on our travels.  It's nice to tell you, "look at that" in our blog when we see something interesting.

Ron, Tippy-Too and Treky

1 comment:

  1. Are you planning to go to Death Valley in the summer? That could be very dangerous. Best to visit Death Valley in the winter. It is already 117 in Phoenix. Maybe you should reconsider your route.

    ReplyDelete