Sunday, May 29, 2016

Remembering the Rio Grande & Big Bend National Park - 2013

Friday, May 10, 2013


The Rio Grande & Big Bend NP




Big Bend is one of the larger National Parks and one of the least visited.





One of the most interesting areas and beautiful scenes is the Chisos  Basin area.  We went up into the mountains to get there.  Elevation of the Chisos Basin is 5400 feet.






Treky, II is a little over 20 feet long so we barely qualify.  There were some 15% grades up and down. 








There were lots of these signs and they meant business.










There is a deer there among the folage but it's hard to see.  The deer in SC are reddish brown.  Here they are battleship gray and fit right in with their surroundings.






Near the top of the Chisos Basin - Elevation 5400 feet.  There is a National Park motel and store at the top.





See that river - it's about 10 yards wide and about a foot deep.  It's the Rio Grande.  See the land on the left?  That's Mexico and the land on the right where I was standing when I took this picture is the USA.





Having watched ABCCBSNBCCNN, I expected to see a very large fence and armed National Guardsmen guarding our territory.  Tippy thinks that it's our cheap camera that is making those things disappear 



Speaking of Tippy - He was supposed to help me navigate these roads but as you can see, he's laying down on the job.








How am I doing in my new Big Bend cap? - 

Happy doing what I like.


My life is very very good!!!!



See yawl tomorrow,

Ron, Tippy and Treky




No comments:

Post a Comment