Friday, April 8, 2016

Ocean Lakes CG # 2

In a small lake near our campsite, but in the campground, some turtles sun themselves.  Treky says that they are lucky to live here all year long.  We like turtles.

The ducks like this lake too.  We like ducks too.

The ducks and children like this lake which is only about 1/10th of a mile from the beach.  Suprise - Tippy and the ducks get along just fine - they just ignore each other.

We especially like the trees this close to the beach.  They are nice shade.

There are a few (about a thousand) permanent structures in the campground.  Many are like these - two stories above with parking and flood area's below.  Our team likes to move around and is not interested in permanent anything except our team.

I bet that $1.69 is about the lowest gas price anywhere - which just goes to prove that Myrtle Beach is not out to cheat tourists.  They could charge any price they want to but the merchants here charge fair prices and give good service.

I like to eat and my favorite beach food is seafood.  Cole slaw, green beans, fish, shrimp and hush puppies and sweet tea are my choices.

Close-up of my flounder and butterflied shrimp -ummmm good.

They served my hush puppies first as an appetizer to snack on while waiting for my meal.  If you are not careful, they will satisfy your appetite.  I don't take anything back to Treky for Tippy.  Tippy is on a "No People Food" diet and he loves it.  I think he has lost a little weight too.  He needs to lose a little.

After proofreading this post, it seems that Ron, Tippy and Treky like everything - well?

Lots more about Ocean Lakes Campground tomorrow.

Ron, Tippy and Treky




No comments:

Post a Comment