Monday, April 25, 2016

My New Camera

My new camera is a Samsung Camera 2.  Why do I want a new camera?  It's true that my phone takes perfectly good pictures but taking a picture with it requires two hands. When a photo opportunity arises, my left hand is usually occupied - either holding Treky's steering wheel or holding Tippy's leash.  The new camera allows me to take a picture using only my right hand.

This is the camera home screen - What's that:  the temperature, the time of day, a Google search box, the date and weather conditions????  On a camera????

It looks and acts like a tablet.  When WiFi is available, the camera automatically syncs all photos stored on the device to Google Photos.  Google Photos is the app that I use to organize, store and edit all my photos.  No need to worry about an SD card or transferring pictures to Google Drive.
The camera also has a 21x optical zoom lens.

Look what Tippy spotted on the deck railing this morning.  Spring is here.

Maybe a few more automobile pictures tomorrow if I can post them while Tippy is sleeping.  He's tired of automobiles and threatens to leave home if I post any more.

Yesterday, Treky took us to the Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor's Center and Headquarters.  We picked up a map and other information to help us on our next trip which will be along the Blue Ridge Parkway (459 miles at 45 miles per hour) then on to Shenandoah National Park and then on to Niagara Falls, Ontario. 

Hope to see you tomorrow,

Ron, Tippy and Treky

4 comments:

  1. I love your new camera. It's perfect for someone like you, who has always loved being behind the camera. It's tablet like quality is really neat. Also, I gotta admit that Samsung is my brand for.... well everything. Well, I love you bunches G'Daddy...Facebook message me when your gonna be in town m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new camera. It's perfect for someone like you, who has always loved being behind the camera. It's tablet like quality is really neat. Also, I gotta admit that Samsung is my brand for.... well everything. Well, I love you bunches G'Daddy...Facebook message me when your gonna be in town m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron

    It's true, I have a new Nikon that I took to Alaska while traveling by Roadtrek but I used my smart phone.

    The tripod and Nikon camera weights too much to carry into the mountains.

    I think that I will look at the camera you bought.

    Bill
    Roadtrekker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron

    It's true, I have a new Nikon that I took to Alaska while traveling by Roadtrek but I used my smart phone.

    The tripod and Nikon camera weights too much to carry into the mountains.

    I think that I will look at the camera you bought.

    Bill
    Roadtrekker

    ReplyDelete