Friday, January 8, 2016

Remembering Roosevelt State Park, Morton, Mississippi 2013

Roosevelt State Park, Morton, Mississippi - May 7, 2013

Treky, II parked in the driveway ready for the next long trip - Tippy & I will be visiting National Parks out West this time.  First park will be Big Bend in Southwest Texas, then Saguaro NP, Joshua Tree NP, Sequoia NP, Yosemite NP, Death Valley NP and Grand Canyon NP.


Our Good Neighbors, the Paoletti's gave us a going-a-way present: brownies for me and treats for Tippy.


Today, we drove clear across Georgia and Alabama and halfway across Mississippi.  Atlanta and Birmingham were congested even early in the morning.

My Grandmother used to say,, "When I die, if I see a sign that says Welcome to Georgia, then I know my sins caught up with me and I didn't make it to Heaven.



The new GPS amazes me.  Here you can see the partial outline of Alabama in the middle and Georgia on the right with Mississippi on the left and our progress along I-20 as well as almost any information you may want to know.



Our first overnight stop is Roosevelt State Park in Morton, Mississippi. $12.00 per night per rig - no matter how many people or dogs.
Of course, we're just one and one.

The park is just a half mile off I-20.


Treky II likes it that our campsite backs up to a nice lake.



Lunch - McDonalds Salad and Chocolate Shake - while overlooking the lake - Can life get any better?


Tippy says, "Yeah It would be better if I could get up there and get some of it. Darn my short legs".


Tippy loves his Treky, II - He wants to hurry up and go to sleep so we can get up early and hit I-20. I don't ever have to encourage him to get in - when I open the door, he runs up and waits on me to pick him up and lift him in. (those short legs again)

We will spend tomorrow night somewhere in Texas about half way between here and Big Bend NP.  Big Bend is about 1500 miles from  our home and we plan to drive about 500 miles per day and make it in three days.

Thanks so much for riding along with us.  It makes us feel like we are not alone knowing you are there.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment