Friday, December 4, 2015

Remembering "I want a Corvette"

Last night while Tippy and I were sleeping, Treky talked with the camper parked in the next site.  Treky mentioned that his driver, Ron, was in love with airplanes and cars.  The camper suggested to Treky that we visit the International Corvette Museum just up the road in Kentucky. Then, last night, Treky reprogrammed the GPS.  This morning, I just followed the GPS turn by turn and look where Treky had programmed it to take us. - - - The International Corvette Museum.

On the way to see the Corvettes, we stopped at the Kentucky Welcome Center - Very modern

The Kentucky Welcome Center mural features: Corvettes, Happy People, Log Cabin and Horses.

I could go for that red one.

However, that deep red would look good in my driveway.

They don't actually sell Corvettes in there - I was disappointed - All they have is tee shirts and tourist junk.

This is, without a doubt, the coolest  color scheme I have ever seen.

A white convertible would be nice too!

This one is from the 1960's.  It would probably be more in line with my personality and age.  I'm pretty sure I could handle it.  It's a 1965 model - - - I was 35 that year.

This is a 1967 model - - It's good too!

I do like that yellow body with a black top.  I once owned a Pontiac convertible like that.

Treky says, "Ron, you better stick with Roadtreks.  Look what could happen to you if you tore off down the highway in a Corvette.  It wouldn't take good care of you like I do."  Of course, Treky is right but I will never get so old that I quit liking cars.

This custom-painted Corvette is the last picture for this post.  Treky has a really cool place for us to visit tomorrow.

We hope to see you then,

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment