Friday, December 11, 2015

Along the Highway in Oklahoma

I didn't know that the buffalo is the Oklahoma state animal.  Tippy  thinks that a Jack Russell would have been a better choice.  There's a lot to see just driving west on I-40 in Oklahoma other than the highway white lines.

Such as a very small apartment house

Treky parked us near this lake last night.

Treky likes to park in the shade of trees to keep cool but he gets unhappy when squirrels drop acorns on his solar panels.

This morning, Treky selected the Cherokee gas station to get fuel.

I thought that as long as we are here, I might try their restaurant for breakfast.

I have never seen a piece of ham that big and it was delicious - as was the rest of the breakfast.  Tippy and I shared the left-over ham for lunch (sandwich) and for supper.

Next we will visit some museums along the old highway, Route 66.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment