Thursday, July 23, 2015

Oshkosh Fly-In # 8

Not everything at this air show takes place on the ground.  Some of the aerobatics are unbelievable.

Formations of older planes were featured one morning.

Many of the stunt pilots used smoke trails - the planes in this picture appear as small dots.

Tippy and I dug out the old red chair and watched some of the air show sitting behind Treky.  Many of the dogs were frightened by the loud engine noises - not Tippy - He's perfect.

Of course, you cannot have an air show without the Goodyear Blimp.

We explored the "old War Birds Section"

I think that's a P-47 Mustang - I may be wrong.

That's a P-51- I worked on P-51's while stationed at Hamilton Air Force Base in California.

These are the parts that I worked on - Wing mounted 50 caliber machine guns and under the wing bomb racks.

Entrance to War Bird Alley.  The planes you see with folded wings are Navy fighters.  Their wings folded to facilitate storage in the limited space available aboard ship.

Next post is about "My" plane  the B-26.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment