Monday, May 11, 2015

Sun Recording Studio - Memphis, Tennessee

The little Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee first recorded many of county and blues stars.


I hope you can read this - It tells the story well.


This was the style jukebox from the days of Elvis Presley.


Sun Studio Gift Shop


Some of the recording equipment in the 1950's.  Elvis paid Sun Records $4.00 to record his first song. It took his family a year to  save the $4.00.  His first recorded song was "My Happiness" -  still a favorite of mine.  He and his family lived in subsidized housing a few blocks from the Sun Studio in Memphis.


The actual equipment used  to record Elvis' first records


In case you have forgotten what he looked like.


That was nice of the government.

I like West Tennessee - ALL of my family came from West Tennessee - back to my Great Great Grandparents.

This afternoon, I will eat lunch at BB King's Club on Beale Street.

Visit with us tomorrow,

Ron, Tippy and Treky


No comments:

Post a Comment