Friday, May 8, 2015

Opry Backstage Grill and the Ryman Show

This is the bus that takes us to the dinner and shows.  There are 25 rigs here and 44 people.  Treky is the only Roadtrek.  Most rigs are big class A's.  Treky is parked next to a 44-foot home on wheels.  Today, the bus took us to Opry Backstage Grill and a show at the Ryman Auditorium.

At the Opry Backstage Grill, I had Garden salad, my choice of barbecue pork with sweet Memphis sauce or catfish, and Double Chocolate Cake.  I chose the catfish.

While we ate, we were entertained by some great country music performed by some of the wait-staff at the grill.

After dinner, we were bused to the Ryman Auditorium.  The name of the show was Opry County Classics.

These are all big names in country music and each performed four to five pieces.  The place was full of country music fans and they went wild on the first song and stayed that way throughout the program.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

 This is a shot of the interior of the Ryman.  My seat was on the front row.  I could reach out with my left hand and touch the stage.  That's the stage where every country music star in the last century performed.  Lots of history here in this auditorium.

None of my "performer pictures" came out.  The state had some blue lights above that caused my images to "white-out".  That's Larry Gatlin on the right above and one of his brothers in the background.

You can see how close I was to the stage.  

Tomorrow we take a bus tour.

Ron, Tippy and Treky





No comments:

Post a Comment