Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Captain Jackson River Boat

I took a dinner cruise aboard the Captain Jackson River Boat.


Better picture of the Captain Jackson - It is a paddle wheeler.  We "paddled" up  and down the Cumberland River.  I  think we saw more of Nashville from the river than we did on the tour bus.


Cumberland River near Nashville, Tennessee


More River


The crowd coming in past the buffet line in the main dining room of the General Jackson.


The food was so good that I did not remember to take a picture until I had eaten it (except for the desert).  We had a choice of two meats, two kinds of potatoes, salad, green beans and corn muffins.


The after dinner entertainment was good country music.  The show lasted almost an hour.  I really enjoyed the meal and the music.


After the show, I went up on deck and thought about how many miles we have logged ON the interstate and now I'm UNDER the interstate.


These water front buildings are over 100 years old.  They have been occupied as cotton warehouses as well as offices for cotton brokers.  Today, their occupants are probably related to the music industry.


Back behind the old river-front buildings is the AT&T Batman Building.  Every time I see it, I take a picture - I must have 17.


Last look at the Cumberland River.

That night we went to the Grand Ole Opry but due to the lighting, I could not get any good pictures.  The entertainment was more modern than what I would call old time country music - more modern rock.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your blog, Ron. Say hi to Tippy and Treky for me!

    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, good blogging on Nashville. You have to get to the Opry on Sat. night for the "oldies" style of Country. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete