Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Louisiana Exhibit Museum at Shreveport, LA





Museum entrance - very impressive building.  

The first thing that caught my attention when I entered the museum was this old car.

It is a Bour-Davis.  There was a Bour-Davis production facility located in Louisiana.  I had never heard of a Bour-Davis car.

With a few exceptions, the museum is constructed in a huge circular hall way. Artifacts and displays are located on both left and right walls as well as in the center of the hall way.  It took me over an hour to stroll through all the exhibits.  I'm slow and am interested in everything.

One of the main economic driving forces in Louisiana is the oil business so naturally one of the first displays involves drilling for oil.

There is a section covering local wildlife.

I didn't ask too many questions about this skunk.  The exhibit is about the food chain - how one animal provides food to another animal who provides food to another and so on.

We have posted only about a quarter of the exhibits and displays.  More tomorrow and perhaps the next day.

Ron, Tippy and Treky




No comments:

Post a Comment