Sunday, April 19, 2015

04-19-15 We Had a Terrible Tornado Today

We had a tornado in my neighborhood this afternoon - about three hours ago.  When it started blowing down big trees in my yard, Tippy and I followed our Boy Scout training and went into a closet that had no windows.  We heard loud noises from something hitting our roof and very loud winds.

This is my back yard viewed from the deck.


These trees were blown down from my back yard.  The remaining stumps are about three feet from Tippy's fence - no damage though.

Looking out our front window, you can see that the entrance street to my neighborhood is completely blocked with fallen trees.  Our neighborhood (about 50 houses) was blocked - no automobile traffic for about three hours.

That's our house.  Damage all around but none on our property.  

Trash on the deck

You can see where one of the trees broke off.

Trash on the roof - Don't know if there is damage there.

Trash in the yard and street.  

We don't know how Treky made out.  We'll check on him in the morning.

Tippy says, " This WILL NOT delay out travels.

We'll post again in about a week.  I think our first night will be at Oak Mountain State Park in Pelham, Alabama.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ron,
    I just found your blog tonight and am enjoying your past entries but am sorry to hear you had bad weather today. Sounds like you and Tippy are ok and we'll wait to hear from Treky? Take care and I'll look forward to reading more of your adventures!
    Lacy in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you guys are okay. We got some damage in Dunbarton Oaks, but nothing like you had out your way.
    Edna in Aiken

    ReplyDelete