Friday, March 27, 2015

Nance's Creek Front Restaurant

Nance's is my favorite sea food restaurant.  I first started eating here in the 1980's - then my favorite was local oysters on the shell.  You opened the oysters with a knife, ate the oyster out of the shell and dumped the shell into a hole in the table to a bucket below.

During regular hours, this parking lot is full - Nance's is a favorite among locals.

Treky likes to avoid busy parking lots so he got us to Nance's at 4:30 pm.  I like that time too because I can get the Early Bird special as well as the Senior discount.

That water you see out there is Murrells Inlet.  Murrells Inlet is also the name of the town.  The land beyond the inlet is Pawley's Island.

Now for the best part - Within seconds after I placed my order, hush puppies and honey butter was place on my table - - Uhmmm

This is the view from my table while I was waiting on my dinner.  Every meal is cooked to order - nothing is cooked in advance.  Again, the water is Murrells Inlet and the land beyond is Pawley's Island.

Look at this - Baby Flounder, shrimp and a double order of Cole slaw.  Tippy got a hush puppy and some of the flounder.

The cooks here on the South Carolina coast cut the shrimp meat portion in half - they call it butterflying the shrimp.  I like shrimp either way - I didn't share the shrimp with Tippy.

1 comment:

  1. Love Nances in Calabash too Food.So good Been to ocean isle many times and visiting Myrtle Beach also..Safe travels Bob in Md

    ReplyDelete