Wednesday, March 25, 2015

03-24-15 Myrtle Beach, SC

This is our home for the next five days.  There are two state parks along the "Grand Strand" which is about 50 miles of beach with Myrtle Beach in roughly the center.  The other state park is Huntington Beach - I attempted to get a reservation there but was unable to as the campground seems to be completely reserved for almost a year ahead - very popular.


I missed a regular breakfast yesterday so I dropped by Shoney's this morning.  They have a very good breakfast buffet.  I first ate at Shoney's Big Boy in the 70's.  Then stock swaps, etc. divided the company and now in the North, it is known as Big Boy while in the South it is known as Shoney's.   Anyway, I like their breakfast buffet.


At the Myrtle Beach Shoney's this morning, I chose scrambled eggs, a BIG pile of bacon and hashbrowns smothered in sausage gravy along with coffee.  Of course, I shared the bacon and eggs with Tippy who was waiting in Treky.


I was very tempted by the desert menu but.......


I settled on jello covered in whipped cream from the buffet table. I didn't feel deprived.  Of course, Tippy didn't get any of this.

The title of this post was Myrtle Beach and it didn't cover anything about Myrtle Beach.  I'll do better tomorrow.

Ron, Tippy and Treky

No comments:

Post a Comment