Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ron, Tippy & Treky Living the Good Life

Tippy: "Two or three weeks ago, I was in Western Texas - it was cold - 22 degrees - snow was on the muddy ground - everything was brown: rocks, mountains, desert, dirt, etc.  Here I am spraddled (that's a South Carolina word) out on the green grass enjoying sunny temperature of 75 degrees.  Treky says that if we had not experienced the cold weather in Texas, we wouldn't enjoy this trip to Crystal River so much."


Treky: "I have to admit, I like it here too - look at the blue sky and the palm tree and that good looking 210 Roadtrek over there."


One thing we accomplished on this trip was to install a screen over Treky's rear doors. Now we can get clean fresh air and a breeze without admitting bugs.  Also, Tippy can sit on the bed and watch what's going on outside.


What's so special about the moon?  Well, we watch the moon carefully because Tippy gets an extra pill when the moon is full.  That's the veterinarian's orders.


This is the sort of lunch I eat when traveling - a peanut butter and banana sandwich (I've been eating these since I was a small boy) and some chips and orange juice.


When I think of Florida, I think of sandy beaches - while there are no real mountains, there are rocks - some of them have strange shapes.


One afternoon, a group of SoloTrekers, caravaned  to Homosassa to a restaurant named the Freezer.  It was packed at 4pm.  You can see the long line waiting to order.


I got clam chowder.


and 2-1/2 pounds of shrimp.  The shrimp costs $10.00 - - Wow!


On our final night at the rally, there was a catered dinner.  Here's a bunch of Roadtrekers waiting for their table to be called. My table was called first - Yeah...

We'll see you in Sarasota next month.

Ron, Tippy & Treky

1 comment:

  1. I also ate banana sandwiches as a child and still do as a 66 year old. So does my son. We toast our bread though.

    ReplyDelete