Saturday, September 20, 2014

More Cars

In 1951, Ford and Chevy looked a lot alike. This body style was a Coupe - I don't think they make coupes any more.  Some coupes had only front seats with a small storage space behind the seats.  A few had a small bench seat that was suitable only for children behind the front seats.

Check out the spoiler on this Mercury.

This is a 1957 Chevrolet Station.  Note the fins.  Every Mom in 1957 wanted one of these to take the kids to dancing lessons and little league baseball.  Good memories.

This is a 1951 Studebaker.  My cousin and boyhood best friend drove only Studebaker's up until they quit making them about 1960.  Right after WWII, the new style Studebaker looked the same from the front and the rear.  The national joke was that you couldn't tell if it was coming or going.  Even today, the Studebaker body styling would be considered futuristic.

 This is a Rambler.  Rambler was made by the Nash Motor Company.  Right after WWII, Nash was a major automobile manufacturer.  My second car was a Nash Ambassador - a larger sedan than the Rambler.  My first second car was a small Nash Rambler.

Tomorrow, I'll show models of my first car and my first new car.
By they, you will be sick and tired of cars.  "Sick and tired" - that's an Alabama expression meaning "enough is enough"

We will be home for two days and then next Tuesday, we go to an FMCA rally near Asheville, NC.  I expect that we will be there a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment